How would you like to work for the world’s most famous search engine?
We are currently looking for Customer Care/1st Level Tech Support specialist for our client in Athens, Greece.
- Help customers resolve simple issues via email, chat and phone
- Reporting to managers
- Assisting the clients in setting up their accounts
- Provide accurate and valid information by using the right tools.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Proper communication skills
- Fluency in Dutch and good English skills
- Good MS Office skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
What is the company looking for?
– You have a mother tongue level in Dutch + a good English level (at least B2).
– You are interested in new technologies.
– You strive for excellence and professionalism.
– You have excellent communication and listening skills.
– You are a real team player and willing to work with many other nationalities.
What you should expect from living in Greece?
– The experience of an international culture
– A beautiful sandy beaches city surrounded by coastal towns and ancient architecture
– Delightful gastronomic experiences
– Quite a dynamic urban life and peaceful rural life
– Sunny days, Mediterranean weather and a laidback lifestyle
What’s in it for you?
– Contract type: Regular Greek working contract with one of the biggest companies in the world
– Base salary + Bonus – Performance Bonus, Shift Bonus(if applicable)
– Two extra salaries per year – no questions asked
– Working hours: 8 hours a day 5 days a week –
– For international candidates:
- Free flight tickets from any European city to AthensPick up from the airportFree two weeks stay in the hotel Help with paperwork, opening a bank account, etc. on your arrivalAssistance in finding the accommodation
– Free Greek lessons, cooking courses, sports activities and social events organised by the company.
– Real career opportunities in various career paths